I doubt DIH will be "removed". It more likely will be relegated - still
there, but emphasised less.

Another possibility that has been mooted is to extract it, so that it
can run outside of Solr. This strikes me as the best option. Having it
run inside Solr strikes me as architecturally wrong, and also
problematic in a SolrCloud world. Taking the DIH codebase and running it
*outside* Solr you get the best of DIH without the same set of issues.

Upayavira