I’m new to solr (using the 1.3 nightly at the moment) and trying to configure
it to accept a third-party xml schema at the /update interface.   I would
like to define transformations like those of the DataImportHandler which use
xpath syntax.  The DataImportHandler ‘pulls’ data from a url.  I would like
to push data into the index using the standard /update api but be able to
use xpath expressions to define the source of the my fields.  Any help
appreciated.

Thanks.

Mike