From: outlook_288fbf38c031d...@outlook.com
[mailto:outlook_288fbf38c031d...@outlook.com] On Behalf Of Gian Maria Ricci -
aka Alkampfer
Sent: sabato 12 dicembre 2015 11:39
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: Use multiple istance simultaneously

Thanks a lot for all the clarifications.

Actually resources are not a big problem, I think customer can afford 4 GB RAM
Red Hat linux machines for Zookeeper. Solr Machines will have in production 64
or 96 GB of ram, depending on the dimension of the index.

My primary concern is maintenance of the structure. With single independent
machines, the situation is trivial, we can stop solr on one of the machine
during the night, and issue a full backup of the indexes. With a full backup of
the indexes, rebuilding a machine from scratch in case of disaster is simple,
just spin off a new Virtual machine, restore the backup, restart solr and
everything is ok.

If for any reason the SolrCloud cluster stops working, restoring everything is
somewhat more complicated. Are there any best practice for SolrCloud to backup
everything so we can restore the entire cluster if anything goes wrong?

Thanks a lot for the interesting discussion and for the really useful
information you gave me.

--
Gian Maria Ricci