Hi All,

my website is under pressure, there is a big number of concurrent searches.
When the connected users are too many, the searches becomes so slow that in
some cases users have to wait many seconds.
The queue of searches becomes so long that, in same cases, servers are
blocked trying to serve all these requests.
As far as I know because some searches are very expensive, and when many
expensive searches clog the queue server becomes unresponsive.

In order to quickly workaround this herd effect, I have added a
default timeAllowed to 15 seconds, and this seems help a lot.

But during stress tests but I'm unable to understand when and what requests
are affected by timeAllowed parameter.

Just be clear, I have configure timeAllowed parameter in a SolrCloud
environment, given that partial results may be returned (if there are any),
how can I know when this happens? When the timeAllowed parameter trigger a
partial answer?

Best regards,
Vincenzo

--