Hi Gili,
Visibility is related to searcher - if you reopen searcher it will be visible. If hard commit happens without reopening searcher, documents will not be visible till next soft commit happens. You can find more details about commits on https://lucidworks.com/blog/2013/08/23/understanding-transaction-logs-softcommit-and-commit-in-sorlcloud/

HTH,
Emir