My understanding is that the "version" represents the timestamp the searcher
was opened, so it doesn’t really offer any assurances about your data.

Although you could probably bounce a node and get your document counts back in
sync (by provoking a check), it’s interesting that you’re in this situation. It
implies to me that at some point the leader couldn’t write a doc to one of the
replicas, but that the replica didn’t consider itself down enough to check
itself.

You might watch the achieved replication factor of your updates and see if it
ever changes:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Read+and+Write+Side+Fault+Tolerance
 (See Achieved Replication Factor/min_rf)

If it does, that might give you clues about how this is happening. Also, it
might allow you to work around the issue by trying the write again.