On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 15:37:09 -0300
"Jonathan Ariel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've been trying to use the NGramTokenizer and I ran into a problem.
> It seems like solr is trying to match documents with all the tokens that the
> analyzer returns from the query term. So if I index a document with a title
> field with the value "nice dog" and search for "dog" (where the
> NGramtokenizer is defined to generate tokens of min 2 and max 2) I won't get
> any results.

Hi Jonathan,
I don't have the expertise yet to have gone straight into testing code with
lucene, but my 'black box' testing with ngramtokenizer seems to agree with what
you found - see my latest posts over the last couple of days about this.

Have you tried searching for 'do' or 'ni' or any search term with size =
minGramSize ? I've found that Solr matches results just fine then.

> I can see in the Analysis tool that the tokenizer generates the right
> tokens, but then when solr searches it tries to match the exact Phrase
> instead of the tokens.

+1

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."
  Oscar Wilde

Warned.