Your biggest issue here is likely to be http connections. Making an HTTP
connection to Solr is way more expensive than the ask of adding a single
document to the index. If you are expecting to add 24 billion docs per
day, I'd suggest that somehow merging those documents into batches
before sending them to Solr will be necessary.

To my previous question - what do you gain by using Solr that you don't
get from other solutions? I'd suggest that to make this system really
work, you are going to need a deep understanding of how Lucene works -
segments, segment merges, deletions, and many other things because when
you start to work at that scale, the implementation details behind
Lucene really start to matter and impact upon your ability to succeed.

I'd suggest that what you are undertaking can certainly be done, but is
a substantial project.

Upayavira