I’d like to verify the following:

 - When creating a new collection, SOLRCloud will use all available nodes for
the collection, adding cores to each.  This assumes that you do not specify a
replicationFactor.

 - When adding new nodes to the cluster AFTER the collection is created, one
must use the core admin api to add the node to the collection.

I would really like to see the second case behave more like the first.  If I
add a node to the cluster, it is automatically used as a replica for existing
clusters without my having to do so.  This would really simplify things.

Paul McCallick
Sr Manager Information Technology
eCommerce Foundation