On 2/23/2016 11:10 PM, Neeraj Bhatt wrote:
> Hello
>
> We have a solr cloud stored and indexed data of around 25 lakh documents
> We recently moved to solr 5.4.1 but are unable to move our indexed
> data. What approach we should follow
>
> 1. data import handler works in solr cloud ? what should we give in
> url like  url="http://192.168.34.218:8080/solr/client_sku_shard1_replica3";
> , this will have shard name, so all documents won't be imported

SolrEntityProcessor in DIH will only work if your index meets the
requirements for Atomic Updates.  Basically, every field must be stored,
unless it is a copyField destination:

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/Atomic_Updates#Caveats_and_Limitations

> 2. direct copying of index will work ? There are some schema changes
> like from solr.Int to solr.TrieInt etc

If the schema uses different classes, you will not be able to use the
old index directly.  The schema would need to be completely unchanged,
but it sounds like your old schema is using classes that are no longer
present in 5.x.

> 3. write code to fetch from solr 4.10.2 and push into 5.4.1 this is
> time consuming, though can be improved by using multithreading

This has the same requirements as SolrEntityProcessor.

A complete reindex in 5.x from the original data source would be the
best option, but if your index meets the Atomic Update requirements, you
could go with one of the options that you numbered 1 or 3.

Thanks,
Shawn