Hi,

We have solr cluster with 2 shards running 2 nodes on each shard.  They are
beefy physical boxes with index size of 162 GB , RAM of about 96 GB and around
153M documents.

Two times this week we have seen the thread usage spike from the usual 1000 to
4000 on all nodes at the same time and bring down the cluster.  We had to
divert the traffic(search and update), perform a rolling restart each time, and
put them back in.  Has anyone faced this issue before?  We don't have any other
process running on the box that could cause such a huge spike in thread usage
on all nodes at the same time.

Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks