Hi all.

I’ve been reading through the Suggester component in Solr at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Suggester.

I have a couple of questions regarding it which I haven’t been able to find the answer for in that page or anywhere else.

Is there a way to get suggestions from non-contiguous terms using a SuggestComponent? E.g. let’s say we have a document which contains “The quick brown fox” in a text field, can it be configured so that a user can obtain that suggestion by typing “quick fox”?

I know I can get this sort of results using edismax queries, so maybe I can set a request handler to do suggestions in this way instead than with SuggestComponent. What are the downsides performance-wise?

Thank you in advance.

--
Alfonso Muñoz-Pomer Fuentes
Software Engineer @ Expression Atlas Team