Hello

I have a set of pre-existing configuration files and want to create a new solr
cluster.  As part of this new cluster I want to name the shards and use a
CompositeId router.

My core.properties file is:

name=sessions

shard=${shard:shard1}

coreNodeName=${coreNodeName:node1}

loadOnStartup=true

transient=false

dataDir=/solr

ulogDir=/solrLog

And I set the shard name in the solr.in.sh using:

SOLR_OPTS="$SOLR_OPTS -Dshard=20160222"

If I upload the files to zookeeper as above, the router is set to implicit.
I've then realised I need to specify numShards.  However, if I add numShards=1
into the core.properties file and then upload the files, I get a shard called
'shard1' which isn't linked to anything and then my named shard.  This 'shard1'
is causing me problems and stopping solr from working.  What am I doing wrong?
This there a setting which I am missing?

Many thanks

Philippa