Hi Jack,

Thanks a lot for your response.

I agree the question is too much into Lucene which is outside the scope of
Solr.

However, for those of you who is interested in understanding the Solr Index
more, here are a few resources to help:
(1) Luke <https://github.com/DmitryKey/luke>:  a local application that
help you inspect Lucene indexes.
(2) SimpleTextCodec
<http://datafireball.com/2016/03/07/lucene-simpletextcodec/>: it is not
that easily to deserialize Lucene indexes however, you can change the
default codec to be SimpleTextCodec and that will help you understand how
the index/search part much better.

Best regards,

Bin