Actually a simple solution I've found is unloading the core, and recreating the
core passing parameters to the action=CREATE api call.

Gian Maria.

-----Original Message-----
From: Shawn Heisey [mailto:apa...@elyograg.org]
Sent: giovedì 10 marzo 2016 15:45
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: how to force rescan of core.properties file in solr

On 3/10/2016 3:00 AM, Gian Maria Ricci - aka Alkampfer wrote:
> but this change in core.properties is not available until I restart
> the service and Solr does core autodiscovery. Issuing a Core RELOAD
> does not work.
>

> How I can force solr to reload core.properties when I change it?

Through your experiments, you have confirmed something that I
suspected:  The core.properties file is only read when Solr first starts up --
during core discovery.  I think it would probably be a very major effort to
change this, but there may be a much easier way that the project could allow
properties that can change on reload.

>From what I can read in the code, not even the filename in the "properties"
>element in the core.properties file is re-checked on core reload.  The reload
>action simply re-uses the CoreDescriptor object, which is where these things
>are held.

Unless there's another properties file that I'm not aware of that *does* get
checked when a core gets re-loaded, I think you've got an excellent use case
for an "Improvement" issue in Jira.

Here's the change that I think Solr needs:  When a core is reloaded, all
property definitions that originated in the file referenced by the "properties"
property should be dropped and re-read.

Thanks,
Shawn