On 3/15/2016 1:34 PM, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> I've been running Solr successfully until this morning, when I stopped
> it to pick up a change in my schema, and now it won't start up again.
> I've whittled the problem down to this:

> # cd /home/paul/proj/blacklight/jetty
>
> # java -jar start.jar -Djetty.port=8983 -Dsolr.solr.home=$PWD/solr
> WARNING: System properties and/or JVM args set.  Consider using --dry-run or
> --exec
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
>         at org.eclipse.jetty.start.Main.invokeMain(Main.java:440)
>         at org.eclipse.jetty.start.Main.start(Main.java:615)
>         at org.eclipse.jetty.start.Main.main(Main.java:96)
> ClassNotFound: org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration

There are no Solr classes in that stacktrace.  The class that can't be
found is a Jetty class.  I think the problem here is in Jetty, not
Solr.  It probably can't find a jar with a name like one of these:

jetty-xml-8.1.14.v20131031.jar
jetty-xml-9.2.13.v20150730.jar

What version of Solr?  I'm assuming it's not 5.x, since the command used
to start those versions is very different, and Solr would probably not
be located within a blacklight folder.

Thanks,
Shawn