From: r...@ricksullivan.net
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Solr debug 'explain' values differ from the Solr score
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 08:34:30 -0800

Hi,

I'm seeing behavior in Solr 5.5.0 where the top-level values I see in the debug
response don't always correspond with the scores Solr assigns to the matched
documents.

For example, here is the top-level debug information for two documents matched
by a query:

114628: Object
  details: Array[2]
  match: true
  value: 20.542768

357547: Object
  details: Array[2]
  match: true
  value: 26.517654

But they have scores

114628: 20.542767
357547: 13.258826

I expect the second document to be the most relevant for my query, and the
debug values seem to agree. However, in the final score I receive, that
document's score has been adjusted down.

The relevant debug response information can be found here:
http://apaste.info/mju

Does anyone have an idea why the Solr score may differ from the debug value?

Thanks,
-Rick