Hi,

I have couple of questions regarding indexing files (say pdf).

1)      Is there any way to index more than one file to one document with a
unique id?

One way I think is to do a “extractOnly” of all the documents and then index
that extract separately. Is there an easier way?

2)      If my Solr document has existing fields populated and then I index a
pdf, it seems it overwrites the document with the end result being just the
contents of the pdf. I know we can do partial updates using SolrJ but is it
possible to do partial updates of pdf using curl?

Thanks
Jay