Hi,

I believe the default behavior of creating collections distributed across
shards through the following command

http://
[solrlocation]:8983/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=[collection_name]&numShards=2&replicationFactor=2&maxShardsPerNode=2&collection.configName=[configuration_name]

is that Solr will create the collection as follows

*shard1: *leader in server1 and replica in server2
*shard2:* leader in server2 and replica in server1

However, I have seen cases when running the above command that it creates
both the leader and replica on the same server.

Wondering if there is a way to control this behavior (I mean control where
the leader and the replica of each shard will reside)?

Regards,
Salman