From: Shawn Heisey [mailto:apa...@elyograg.org]
Sent: 05 April 2016 14:02
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Issue with updating existing document (Solr-6.x/7.0)

On 4/5/2016 6:07 AM, Rohana Rajapakse wrote:
> I am trying to update the value of one field in an existing document, and it
> throws me the exception given below.
> For the update, I am using my own update handler which created a
> SolrInputDocument from and Existing Solr Document.
>
> I am using Solr6.x built from the source code obtained from github.
> All artefacts have the version number 7.0.0
>
> The SolrInputDocument looks like this:
>
> id: [city business library]
> nphraseusage: [stored<nphraseusage:1.0>]
> keyid:
> [stored,indexed,tokenized,omitNorms,indexOptions=DOCS<keyid:10>]
> nkeyid: [stored<nkeyid:10>]
> keytype:
> [stored,indexed,tokenized,omitNorms,indexOptions=DOCS<keytype:autophra
> se>]
> autosuggest: [stored,indexed,tokenized<autosuggest:city business
> library>]
> autosuggest_edge: [stored,indexed,tokenized<autosuggest_edge:city
> business library>]
> autosuggest_ngram: [stored,indexed,tokenized<autosuggest_ngram:city
> business library>]
> phraselastdate: [2016-04-05 10:33:17.574]
> phrasesig: [{add=6}]
> _version_: [stored<_version_:1530766187073372160>]
>
> I am simply calling super.processAdd(addUpdateCommand);
> The exception seems to occur due to the use of partial update of "phrasesig"
> field.

Can we see your solrconfig.xml and all your custom Solr code?  The mailing list
usually eats attachments, so you'll need to share them on the Internet (gist, a
paste website, dropbox, etc) and give us a URL.

This is the error message: TransactionLog doesn't know how to serialize class
org.apache.lucene.document.StoredField

This suggests that you are trying include the StoredField class from Lucene in
a SolrInputDocument.  This is not something you can do.  You will need basic
Java types -- String, int, Integer, Float, Map (for Atomic Update), etc.  This
might be why the info above includes things like stored/indexed/tokenized --
things a SolrInputDocument has *no* idea about.

You said that the artifacts have a 7.0.0 version number ... if this is true,
then you are building *master* -- a snapshot of what will become Solr 7.0.0 --
not Solr 6.0.  Check out and build branch_6_0 instead.

Thanks,
Shawn

Registered Office: 24 Darklake View, Estover, Plymouth, PL6 7TL.
Company Registration No: 3553908

This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be
legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or
transmission error has misdirected this email, please notify the author by
replying to this email. If you are not the intended recipient you may not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email.

Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as
information may be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or
incomplete or contain viruses. This email and any files attached to it have
been checked with virus detection software before transmission. You should
nonetheless carry out your own virus check before opening any attachment. GOSS
Interactive Ltd accepts no liability for any loss or damage that may be caused
by software viruses.