Hi,

I'm currently posting updates via cURL, in batches of 1,000 docs in JSON files.

My setup consists of 2 shards, 1 replica each, 50m docs in total.

These updates are hitting a node at random, from a server across the Internet.

Apart from the obvious delay, I'm also seeing QTime's of 1,000 to 5,000.

This strikes me as quite high since I also sometimes see times of around 300-500, on similar cloud setups.

The setup is running on VMs with rotary disks, and enough RAM to hold roughly half the entire index in disk cache (I'm in the process of upgrading this).

I hard commit every 10 minutes but don't open a new searcher, just to make sure data is "safe". I softCommit every 1 minute to make data available.

Are there any obvious things I can do to improve my situation?

Thanks,
Rob