Hi Erick,

Thanks for the info. Was under impression that we have extra setting
"openSearcher" to control when the searchers are being opened.

>From what you saying a searcher can be opened not only as a result of
hard or soft commit.

What I am observe, to follow your example:
T0 - everything is committed
T1 - index document
T2 - opens realtime searchers
(time passes)
T3 - soft commit (commitScheduler)
T4 - opens searcher
(time passes)
T5 - hard commit (commitScheduler, openSearcher=false)
(time passes)
T6 - soft commit (commitScheduler)
T7 - opens searcher

The T2 in above example is what is unexpected.

Having had a look at this thread
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-solr-user/201507.mbox/%3cd2f8751a-b16a-4736-9e03-50873711d...@gmail.com%3E
I was wondering if I had something misconfigured.

Thanks,
Jarek