@Charlie

It's easy to do and wow does it save time and database resources...

I've built a Spring Boot Micro-services architecture that also registers in
Zookeeper.  One micro-service pulls from the original data source and
pushes to Kafka.  The second micro-service pulls from Kafka into SOLR.

Because they're registered in Zookeeper, the micro-services can be brought
up anywhere in the infrastructure I'm building and "rebuild" SOLR indices
from scratch.

I.E. if you lose SOLR completely, just bring up a new VM copy with an empty
index, start your microservice, and rebuild the index from scratch

We're dropping it all into AWS eventually.

It's sweet.  The original "run" to consolidate the data from various
databases takes over an hour -- IF the load on production is light. Running
out of Kafka takes less than 10 minutes and totally avoids loading
production databases.

If you're interested, ping me -- I'm happy to share what I've got...