On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 3:11 AM, Chris Hostetter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> : I am using the same folder to start solr/ jetty  on many local machines
> : running same version of linux.
>
> if the same solr + jetty + solr.solr.home combination is working for you
> on other machines, then i don't think anyone here can really help you --
> sounds like the problem isn't related to Solr, or Jetty.
>
> wild shots in the dark:
>  * different java versions?
>  * different file permissions?

thanks hoss,
i've been busy with lots of other stuff of late,
java version is same,  will chk the file permissions though.
the machine on which it is hanging is different (a Virtual one actually),
will post the solution once i figure out.

-umar