Thanks Erick for your response.

I checked with distrib=false. I tried with a smaller result set.

*Search*
E.g. text_field:term AND f:val1
Number of matches : 49

*Facet:* (distrib=true)
text_field:term AND f:val1
*Result*
Shard1 :
<lst name="f">
<int name="val1">47</int>

*Facet: *(distrib=false)
text_field:term AND f:val1&distrib=false
*Result*
 Shard1 :
 <lst name="f">
 <int name="val1">44</int>

 Shard3 :
 <lst name="f">
 <int name="val1">2</int>

 Shard8 :
 <lst name="f">
 <int name="val1">3</int>

All other shards out of 12 shows 0 count against val1. It seems that the
result of shard3 is not being added to the main result.
Kindly comment.

Best,
Modassar