Oh, I see -

Hmmm... I just did a disaster recovery work up for my IT guys and basically
I recommended they build SOLR from scratch and reindex rather than try to
recover (same for changing versions)

However, we've got a small-ish data set and that may not work for everyone.

Any chance you can just rebuild (with the default Jetty) and re-index?