Correction:  Item 1 is not an absolute requirement; we can use Apache or Tomcat
if that makes things any easier.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gregoric, James [mailto:james.grego...@childrens.harvard.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2016 1:54 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Solr M2M authentication on Jetty

Dear Solr Community,

We would like to provide an in-house group of users access to our Solr database
in a way that meets the following specifications:

1.       Use the Jetty web service that Solr 6.0 installs by default.

2.       Provide an M2M (machine-to-machine) interface, so a user can setup a
cron job that periodically executes a query and stores the results.

3.       Authentication credentials for the M2M interface to the Jetty service
are provided by an LDAP service so it is possible to log who is accessing what
data.

4.       Result data retrieved from Solr (result UIDs) are recorded by SPLUNK.

Can you offer advice and/or point us to a working example of any of these
specification items?

Here's what we have so far:

A.      Completed item 1 above.  We've installed Solr 6.0 with Jetty on a Linux
VM and it works great.

B.      Partially addressed item 3 above in that we can login to Jetty using
LDAP.  However, our implementation is such that the login credentials are input
interactively (via a login dialog).  We don't yet know how to perform this
login from machine to machine.  This is the main sticking point right now.

Any insight you might provide would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Jim Gregoric
Boston Children's Hospital, Clinical Research Informatics