Hi everyone,

I'm trying to figure out what's the best way for me to use "fq" when the
list of items is large (up to 200, but I have few cases with up to 1000).

My current usage is like so: &fq=category:(1 OR 2 OR 3 OR 4 ... 200)

When I tested with up to 1000, I hit the "too many boolean clauses", so my
fix was to increase the value of maxBooleanClauses.  However, reading [1]
warns that increasing the value of maxBooleanClauses has negative impact.
The link offers an alternative usage like so:
fq=category:1&fq=category:2...  But I cannot use it because I need my "fq"
to be treated as OR (my default is set to AND).

I'm trying to understand what's the best way for me to coded this so I
don't get a performance or memory hit.

Thanks

Steve

[1]