I am using solr 4.10.4.

On 5/29/2016 3:52 PM, Derek Poh wrote:
Hi

I have a field that is of "int" type currentlyand it's values are whole numbers.

<field name="P_SupplierNeedinessIdx" type="int" indexed="true" stored="true" multiValued="false"/>

Due tochange inbusiness requirement, this field will need to take in decimal numbers as well.
This fieldis sorted onand filter by range (field:[ 1 to *]).

Should I change the field type to "float" or "string"?
For the change to take effect, do I need to delete all documents in the index and do a full indexing? Or I can just do a full indexing without theneed to delete all documents first?

Derek

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please inform the sender immediately and delete this e-mail (including any attachments) from your computer, and you must not use, disclose to anyone else or copy this e-mail (including any attachments), whether in whole or in part. This e-mail and any reply to it may be monitored for security, legal, regulatory compliance and/or other appropriate reasons.