Thanks for the tip but I solved it but using the old way of loading custom
libs into solr: unpack the war file, add the custom library to WEB-INF/lib
and repack it. It definetly is a class loader problem, as the wiki specifies
that the new way of loading custom jars is using a custom class loader that
*might* not work...

Sebastien