This is pretty much logically impossible. I'd also suggest that your
response times
are tunable, even a very common word such as "AND" shouldn't be taking 18
seconds for 10M docs.

Say you're returning the top 100 doc. You can't know whether the last document
scored should be in the top 100 until you score it. So to tell Solr to
"stop searching
after 100 docs" would not return the best 100.

FWIW,
Erick