I’m pretty sure Nutch uses a batch crawler instead of the adaptive crawler in
Ultraseek.

I think we were the only people who built an adaptive crawler for enterprise
use. I tried to get Ultraseek open-sourced. I made the argument to Mike Lynch.
He looked at me like I had three heads and didn’t even answer me.

Ultraseek also has great support for sites that need login. If you use that,
you’ll need to find a way to do that with another crawler.

wunder
Walter Underwood
Former Ultraseek Principal Engineer
wun...@wunderwood.org