Hi
We have just upgraded to 5.4.1 from 5.2.1 and have a custom authentication
plugin class configured, which is using Spnego to validate user requests.

Since there is now built-in support for inter-node authentication via the
PKIAuthenticationPlugin we were expecting this to be activated by default since
we're not implementing HttpClientInterceptorPlugin.  However, we see that our
authentication plugin is being called for requests to admin/info/key when the
PKIAuthenticationPlugin is attempting to authenticate an inter-node request.

We can modify our plugin to exclude the public key request, but this seems to
be an implementation detail of the PKI auth that we shouldn't need to know
about?

I can see that the SolrAuth header isn't set on the request for the public key,
which I can see is controlled by the PKIAuthenticationPlugin's
HttpClientConfigurer.

Am I missing something, or is it required that custom auth plugins handle the
public key request as a special case?

Regards
Matt