Hi,

EdgeNGram and Wildcard may be used to achieve the same goal: prefix search or
starts with search.

Lets say, wildcard enumerates the whole inverted index, thus it may get slower
for very large databases.
With this one no index time manipulation is required.

EdgeNGram does its magic at index time, indexes a lot of tokens, all possible
prefixes.
Index size gets bigger, query time no wildcard operator required in this one.

Ahmet

On Thursday, September 8, 2016 12:35 PM, Sandeep Khanzode