Good morning. I'm attempting to set some default query parameters via
solrconfig.xml but they are not taking effect. I'm using the /browse
interface (e.g. velocity templates).
To keep it simple, let's start with "fl". When I specify fl as a url
parameter, it does take effect. But when I put it in solrconfig.xml, it's
not being used.
Right now, I'm putting this in a new init params element:
Then I tell the /browse request handler to add it to the list of useParams
(I've tried the beginning and end of the list):
<requestHandler name="/browse" class="solr.SearchHandler"
I have also tried adding "useParams=myParams" in the url.
FYI, I have been including wt=xml in my url so that I eliminate the
possibility that the velocity templates are causing a problem.