Good morning. I'm attempting to set some default query parameters via
solrconfig.xml but they are not taking effect.  I'm using the /browse
interface (e.g. velocity templates).

To keep it simple, let's start with "fl".  When I specify fl as a url
parameter, it does take effect.  But when I put it in solrconfig.xml, it's
not being used.

Right now, I'm putting this in a new init params element:

<initParams name="myParams">
  <lst name="defaults">
    <str name="fl">field1,field2,field3</str>
  </lst>
</initParams>

Then I tell the /browse request handler to add it to the list of useParams
(I've tried the beginning and end of the list):

<requestHandler name="/browse" class="solr.SearchHandler"
useParams="query,facets,velocity,browse,myParams">

I have also tried adding "useParams=myParams" in the url.

FYI, I have been including wt=xml in my url so that I eliminate the
possibility that the velocity templates are causing a problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Matt