> From your perspective as a new user, did you find it
> anoying/frustrating/confusing that the README.txt in the films example
> required/instructed you to first create a handful of fields using a curl
> command to hit the Schema API before you could index any of the documents?
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lucene-solr.git;a=
> blob;f=solr/example/films/README.txt

‚Äčo, I didn't find that to be a problem. In fact, in my view that's not a
bug, that's a feature -- at least from my very limited experience, it seems
like that kind of schema setup is probably pretty standard stuff when
building a SOLR core, and so including it in the example teaches you
something useful that you'll need to do pretty much right off the bat. I
don't think that I did it via curl, though ... I must have used the admin
interface, which was just simpler than copying and pasting that
hairy-looking, multiline command into a terminal. If you used the films
example as the basis for a tutorial and wrote it up in pretty HTML, you
could include screenshots, etc. That would make it completely painless.

James