> 6. okt. 2016 kl. 17.02 skrev Steven White <swhite4...@gmail.com>:
> If we switch over to SolrCloud:
>
> 1) Will our existing usage of SolrJ and REST API still work as-is?
Yes, probably

> 2) Not all of our customers need that high availability of Solr.  For
> those, single server and single index will do just fine.  In this case, can
> I configure SolrCloud to single server with single core?  When I do so, am
> I impacting performance of Solr?

If you have a collection with only one shard, there’s no overhead during
indexing
or querying. You would use CloudSolrClient which will talk to ZK but that
does not happen for every request, so it will be smart enough to send the
requests directly to the node that should serve them.

> I'm thinking performance will be impacted because there is now an extra
> layer my requests will have to go through.

Nope. But note that when you create collections, Solr may assign you a
node which is already used by other collections, and that may potentially
cause performance issues if the node is not powerful enough to drive both
collections. But you can also choose what node to use when creating the
collection

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com