From: David Smiley [mailto:david.w.smi...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2016 8:03 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Migrating to Solr 6.1.0 from 5.5.0

Arjun,

Your input is a POLYGON -- as seen in the error message.  The "Try JTS" was

hopefully a clue -- on

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Spatial+Search search for

"JTS" and you should see how to set the spatialContextFactory to JTS, and a

mention of needing JTS jar.  I'll try and add a bit more info on suggesting

exactly where to put it and a download link.  I'll also mention a shortcut

so you don't have to type out the classname -- a recent feature in 6.2.

Since you said you were upgrading... presumably your spatialContextFactory

attribute was already set for this to work at all in 5.5?  The package

reference changed for this value -- I imagine you would have seen a

warning/error to this effect in Solr's logs.  Do you?

~ David