Hi,

I was reading about document routing with CompositId
(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Shards+and+Indexing+Data+in+SolrCloud).
 The document says that I could prefix a shard key to a document ID like
“IBM!12345”. It further mentioned that I could specify the number of bit for
the shard key like “IBM/3!12345”. My question is, what is the default number of
bit for the shard key when it is not specified? That is, what is n when
“IBM/n!12345” is equivalent to “IBM/12345”.

Another question is regarding 2-level routing prefix. Does it support number of
bit as well? For example, does something like “USA/2!IBM/3!12345” work?

Thanks
Daniel

The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachment, is confidential
and is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient. Access, copying
or re-use of the e-mail or any attachment, or any information contained
therein, by any other person is not authorized. If you are not the intended
recipient please return the e-mail to the sender and delete it from your
computer. Although we attempt to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, we
do not guarantee that either are virus-free and accept no liability for any
damage sustained as a result of viruses.

Please refer to http://disclaimer.bnymellon.com/eu.htm for certain disclosures
relating to European legal entities.