On 10/13/2016 9:58 PM, Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Shawn. Currently, my heap allocation to each Solr
> instance is 22GB. Is that big enough?

I can't answer that question.  I know little about your install.  Even
if I *did* know a few more things about your install, I could only make
a *guess* about how much heap you need, and I'd probably be wrong.

https://lucidworks.com/blog/2012/07/23/sizing-hardware-in-the-abstract-why-we-dont-have-a-definitive-answer/

I did write down what I consider to be a good way to figure out a
correct heap size, but it requires experimentation with your live
system, which might cause disruption of your search service:

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPerformanceProblems#How_much_heap_space_do_I_need.3F

Thanks,
Shawn