Thanks for the answer!
Do you know if there is a way to trigger an optimize for only 1 shard and not the whole collection at once?

On 27-10-16 15:30, Pushkar Raste wrote:

Try commit with expungeDeletes="true"

I am not sure if it will merge old segments that have deleted documents.

In the worst case you can 'optimize' your index which should take care of removing deleted document