Hi,

actually I am trying to use Collection Aliasing in a SolrCloud-environment.

My set up is as follows:

1. Collection_1 (alias "live") linked with config_1
2. Collection_2 (alias "test") linked with config_2
3. Collection_1 is different to Collection _2
4. config_1 is different to config_2

Case 1: Using
http://hostname.de:8983/solr/Collection_2/select?indent=on&q=*:*&wt=xml&collection=test
leads to the same results as
http://hostname.de:8983/solr/Collection_2/select?indent=on&q=*:*&wt=xml
which is correct.

Case 2: Using
http://hostname.de:8983/solr/Collection_1/select?indent=on&q=*:*&wt=xml&collection=live
leads to the same result as
http://hostname.de:8983/solr/Collection_1/select?indent=on&q=*:*&wt=xml
which is correct, too.

BUT

Case 3: Using
http://hostname.de:8983/solr/Collection_2/select?indent=on&q=*:*&wt=xml&collection=live
leads NOT to the same result as
http://hostname.de:8983/solr/Collection_1/select?indent=on&q=*:*&wt=xml&collection=live
or
http://hostname.de:8983/solr/Collection_1/select?indent=on&q=*:*&wt=xml

It seems that using alias "live" in case 3 forces solr to search in
Collection_1 (which is desired) but it uses config_2 of Collection_2 (which is
not desired).

MY AIM IS:
Running  one collection as productive and the other as test environment within
a single SolrCloud.
After setting up a new index (new schema, new solrconfig.xml) on the test
collection I want to asign the test collection the alias "live" and the live
collection the alias "test".

How can I force solr to search in Collection_X with config_X?

I hope that my description makes clear what my problem is. If not, don't
hesitate to ask, I appreciate any help.

Rainer

Rainer Gnan
Bayerische Staatsbibliothek