On 12/15/2016 10:32 AM, tesm...@gmail.com wrote:
> I am getting the following exception while creating a Solr client. Any help
> is appreciated
>
> =====This is code snipper to create a SolrClient===============
>
> public void populate (String args) throws IOException, SolrServerException
>  {
>   String urlString =  "http://localhost:8983/solr";;
>    SolrClient  server = new HttpSolrClient.Builder(urlString).build();
> =======================
<snip>
>     Type 'org/apache/http/impl/client/SystemDefaultHttpClient' (current
> frame, stack[0]) is not assignable to
> 'org/apache/http/impl/client/CloseableHttpClient' (from method signature)

What's likely happening here is that you've got a problem with the
httpcomponents jars (httpclient, httpcore, httpmime) -- these are
dependencies of SolrJ.  Either you've got an incorrect version of one or
more of these jars, or you've got more than one version of them on your
classpath.

In general, a 4.5.x version of httpclient should work with most recent
versions of SolrJ.  Running with httpcomponents older than 4.3.0 could
be problematic.

Thanks,
Shawn