On 12/15/2016 6:20 PM, Xie, Sean wrote:
> We have implemented some customized filter/tokenizer, that is using
> org.apache.lucene.analysis.util.CharacterUtils. After upgrading to
> Solr 6.3, the class is no longer available. Is there any reason the
> utility class is removed?

This is not really a good question for this list.  It would be more at
home on the java-user mailing list for Lucene.

With a little bit of research, I was able to determine that this class
moved.  It is now:

org.apache.lucene.analysis.CharacterUtils

Some of the functionality that used to be in the old CharacterUtils is
available in java.lang.Character -- part of Java itself.

Thanks,
Shawn