Hi ,

I tried Shard Splitting with 6.3 version of Solr,with the following steps:-

Step 1 :

I have issued "collections?action=SPLITSHARD&collection=<collectionName>&shard=shard1"

Step 2 :

I noticed 2 child shard got created shard1_0 and shard1_1

step 3 :

 After complete step 2, still I see

shard1 state : active

AND

shard1_0 and shard1_1 :

state:construction

I checked the state in state.json for nearly 48 hours , but the data copying got frozen up while reaching a certain range(for example:- 60GB data in parent node, after splitting, both child nodes got 24GB data, then data copying into child not got stopped). The state.json file was not changing further.

Moreover, when i manually changed state.json (parent node to inactive from active and child node to active from construction) i suffered a huge loss of data.Please look into the issue from your side and let me know in case of any further information is required.

--

Thanks & Regards
Ekta