From: "alessandro.benedetti" <abenede...@apache.org>
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2017 4:07:19 AM
Subject: Re: Documents issue

I may be wrong and don't have time to check the code in details now, but I
would say you need to define the default in the destination field as well.

The copy field should take in input the plain content of the field ( which
is null) and then pass that content to the destination field.

Properties and attributes of the source field should not be considered at
copy field time.
So what it happens is simply you pass a null content to the destination
field.

If you define the default in the destination field, it should work as
expected.

N.B. it's a shot in the dark, not sure if you experienced a different
behavior previously.

Cheers