Hi

I'm working on app where we use Solr for our search.

Items out of the search have to be price personalized based on the
country/ip/locale of the customer (e.g. configured currency in its settings
+ duties & VAT for his/her country). We also need to filter on a price
range that has to take in account the base price + all the duties and vat
due in the customer country (when the user filters 50$ TO 100$ we need to
factor in duties & vat).

The idea is to decorate the search response at query time calling a
separate service to retrieve all the info we need but we are a bit confused
on the best place to put this logic.

We reckon we have two options:

1. Write a Search Component that gets configured in the middle of the
search request to add a 'sku_personalized_price' in the search results
(this will work out of the box with stats comp and fq, we assume).

2. Use filter queries to do the same and frange for filtering.

We are curious if someone else had to do the same and what are (if any)
best practices in this (reasonably common) scenario.

Please note that we need also to offer the ability to filter on price and
we need to filter on base price + tax + duties.

WDYT ?

Best
Ugo