From: pubdiverses [mailto:pubdiver...@free.fr]
Sent: Thursday, 9 March 2017 8:12 a.m.
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: https

Hello,

I give you some more explanation.

I have a site https://site.com under Apache.
On the same physical server, i've installed solr.

Inside https://site.com, i've a search form wich call solr with
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/solr.

But the browser says : "mixt content" and blocks the call.

So, i need to have something like https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/solr

Is it possible ?

Le 07/03/2017 à 22:19, Alexandre Rafalovitch a écrit :
> The first advise is NOT to expose your Solr directly to the public.
> Anyone that can hit /search, can also hit /update and wipe out your
>
> Unless you run a proper proxy that secures URLs and sanitizes the
> parameters (in GET, in POST, escaped, etc).  And if you are doing
> that, you can setup the HTTPS in your proxy and have it speak HTTP to
> Solr on the backend.
>
> Otherwise, you need middleware, which runs on a server as well, so you
> are back into configuring _that_ server (not Solr) for HTTPS.
>
> Regards,
>     Alex.
> ----
> http://www.solr-start.com/ - Resources for Solr users, new and
> experienced
>

> On 7 March 2017 at 15:45, pubdiverses <pubdiver...@free.fr> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to acces my solr instance with https://domain.com/solr.
>>
>> how to do this ?

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential and may not be used,
published or redistributed without the prior written consent of the Institute
of Geological and Nuclear Sciences Limited (GNS Science). If received in error
please destroy and immediately notify GNS Science. Do not copy or disclose the
contents.