Hi Shawn / Michael,

Thanks for your replies and I guess you have got my scenarios exactly right.

Initially my document contains information about who have access to the
documents, like field as (U1_s:true). if 100 users can access a document,
we will have 100 such fields for each user.
So when U1 wants to see all this documents..i will query like get all
documents where U1_s:true.

If user U5 added to group G1, then I have to take all the documents of
group G1 and have to set the information of user U5 in the document like
U5_s:true in the document. For this, I have re-index all the documents in
that group.

To avoid this, I was trying to keep group information instead of user
information like G1_s:true, G2_s:true in the document. And for querying
user documents, I will first get all the groups of User U1, and then query
get all documents where G1_s:true OR G2_s:true or G3_s:true....  By this we
don't need to re-index all the documents. But while querying I need to
query with OR of all the groups user belongs to.

For how many ORs solr can give the results in less than one second.Can I
pass 100's of OR condtion in the solr query? will that affects the
performance ?

Pls share your valuable inputs.