Hi,

Thanks Erik and Shawn for so much info!

1) Yes, I have deliberately put transientCacheSize as very small(2) in my dev
laptop for testing how Solr handles the switch and how it affects my backup
process.
2) Yes, I'm not using Solr Cloud. Each individual Solr core is independent and
we are not using Solr’s ability to backup or replicate to another Solr Core.

3) Could you please expand a little more about “that the job being done by
their custom component is not updating the 'last access' info for the core”. If
Solr is using LRU, like you mentioned, I should be safe except for my
experimental trial of transientCacheSize=2.

Thanks,
Shashank